Hello folks,I need some assistance. I am in the formative stages of writing something about interviews - from the perspective mainly of journalists/writers/bloggers and the people they have interviewed, and also the view from the interviewees of course. I would like to get some real-world experiences from people, on one or more of the following areas (or anything else really, but these are a starting point).
- How do you prepare to interview someone?
- How do you structure the interview and plan it?
- Who decides the location for the interview?
- Do you try to put the interviewee at ease, or form a connection with them?
- How do you approach an interview with someone you don’t know?
- What are the best/worst attempts people have made to make you feel at ease?
- Best/worst experiences of an interview?
- How do you try to steer or direct an interview away from things you don’t want to discuss?